We welcome you to St. Thomas and hope that you will soon
feel like a part of our community of faith.
If you are visiting with us or have not registered at the parish, we would love to get to know you better! You may stop in the office to register or pick-up a registration form in church or even register online here. The Welcome Committee's mission is not only to help you to know about St. Thomas but to also help you feel like St. Thomas is your home and an extension of your family.
Parish Office Hours
Contact us: (865) 986-9885
Friday 9 a.m-noon
Closed noon-12:30 p.m. for lunch
Saturday 5 p.m. English Vigil
Saturday 7 p.m. Spanish Vigil
Sunday 9 a.m.
Sunday 11:30 a.m.
Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.
Saturday 9 a.m.
Tuesday: 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9:45 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
or by appointment
Stay connected with St. Thomas the Apostle with Flocknote
We encourage you to sign up for this free Flocknote subscription to receive our parish emails and texts. Father Ray Powell, pastor of St. Thomas, and many of our ministries use Flocknote to provide regular information updates to the parish. You can also text to join: For English: Text STALC to 84576. Para Español: Texto SATLC a 202-765-3441.
St. Thomas Clergy and Staff
Thank you for participating in the Synod Survey, an anonymous diocesan online survey that addressed questions about our Catholic faith and the universal Catholic Church. St. Thomas the Apostle placed 6th of the 51 parishes in the diocese for participation-- with more than 220 respondents. In October, Pope Francis began a three-year synodal journey of consultations and discernment, which will culminate with an assembly of world bishops in 2023. Read more and find a link to the final diocesan synod report to the USCCB here.
- Father Julian Cardona, Associate Pastor
- Deacon Sean Smith, Deacon
- Deacon John Krepps, Deacon
- Deacon David Egan, Deacon
- Deacon Jim Bodine, Deacon
- Deacon Rafael Pubillones, Deacon
- Deacon Roberto Cortes, Deacon
- Deacon Mike Humphreys, Deacon
- Lupe Cortes, Executive Assistant to the Pastor
- Joe Piscitello, Business Manager
- Deb Reinhart, Bookkeeper
- Joel Studer, Director of Youth Ministry
- Randy Tarpley, Facilities Coordinator
- Marla Sloane Emerson, Music Coordinator
- Monica Perez, Receptionist